Review & Swatches: Jane Cosmetics Water-Resistant Eye Liner in Rose Gold


Jane Cosmetics' Water-Resistant Eye Liner in Rose Gold is a metallic rose gold that retails for $6.00. It is darker and more taupey than the standard rose gold color. These eye liners were made with antioxidant-rich vitamin E. Jane Cosmetics claim that the eyeliners are creamy and and won't budge after application. 
The packaging is a light plastic and the product can be twisted up and down. The color of the packaging is also very close to the actual product.

The eye liner applied very smoothly and it just glides across my waterline and lid so easily. These liners are a bit drier than Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils, but they're still really creamy. They're not budge-proof on the waterline, though. At the end of the day, the eye liner has faded but it doesn't transfer to my under eye area like how some other eye liners would. 

The only other rose gold eye liner I have is from EM Cosmetics (review here) and that is lighter and more pink. I can't find the amount of project for the Jane Cosmetics eyeliner, but it has more than the EM Cosmetics one. In the comparison picture below, I show their full amount (the EM one is used, but I didn't use that much). 

Final Thoughts: I actually prefer this liner over the EM Cosmetics one since it is darker. I feel like it suits my skin tone better. It is light enough to brighten up my eyes, yet dark enough to define them. I would've liked this eyeliner to last longer on my waterline, but I'm usually home by the time it starts to fade. 


Top: jane. 
Bottom: EM Cosmetics

Applied on the water line and lid

Share

2 comments:

  1. I bought this one yesterday, it does stayed on my waterline until the end of the day. It does faded a bit, but I can still see it. Though, it is as you said leans more to the taupey side. However, I think I'm liking it. I was looking for alternative to the nude eyeliner to brighten up my eyes, which they always look very red on my medium skin tone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking out my review! I love using golds and rose golds to brighten up my eyes.

      Nude eyeliner is always kind of eh to me. I took a seminar with a plastic surgeon a couple of years ago and he told me that seeing white between the iris and the lash line can actually make people look older. Ever since then, I've avoided white eyeliner and now nude eyeliner.

      Delete