Review & Swatches: CoverGirl Flamed Out Shadow Pot in #340 Blazing Purple


CoverGirl Flamed Out Shadow Pot in #340 Blazing Purple contains 2 g. / .07 oz. of product and it retails for about $3-4. Blazing Purple is a glittery lavender color with a slight light blue duochrome. CoverGirl claims that their Shadow Pots are vivid with a glittery and sparkly effect.


I recently dyed my hair black and since it is more cool toned and dark than my natural hair color, I decided to look for some drugstore cool toned eye shadows. Blazing Purple immediately caught my eye. Purples are supposed to compliment brown eyes and so I picked up this product right away.

The eye shadow has some very glittery fall out. When I tried this shadow for the first time, there was glitter all over my face. The best way to apply this is definitely with a patting motion with a dense brush. It does go on sheerly, but it can be built up. I've tried looking online to see if these shadows can be used wet too, but Christine from Temptalia was the only one I found that said they can be. The last two photos in this post were used when wet and the colors were so much more vibrant. 

I do not like the packaging, but for the price, it's okay. I might end up depotting this shadow to put into one of my magnetic palettes. The plastic is very light and the top screws off, which some people can lose. 

Final thoughts: I actually really love this shadow. It's a great beginner eyeshadow for someone that wants to venture into brighter non-neutral colored eyeshadows. It's sheer enough so that it's mistake-proof too. The only downfall to this product is the packaging and the fall-out. 





 All of the swatches were done on bare skin without primer

Used dry

Used dry

Used wet

Used wet

With primer and on the middle of my lid


Share

No comments:

Post a Comment