Review & Swatches: The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder in 04 Deep Matte


I've seen some bloggers talking about The Body Shop's Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder and I decided to try it out. The shade I chose was 04 Deep Matte and it is the darkest shade out of the four shades available. This product retails for $19 and its claims include giving the skin a bronze matte finish. 

It was very hard to choose my shade in stores. The lighting was horrible. The sales associate tried to give me some help, but it was still hard. I swatched some of the shades on my hand and the third shade just seemed to be the perfect color match as my hand. Because of that, I decided to get the fourth shade. For reference, I'm about a NC35 / Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation 6.0 / Makeup Forever HD Foundation #127. There are three other shades lighter than this and it seems like these bronzers are more geared towards people with pale skin. 

The first thing I noticed while swatching as how soft the powder is. It felt so nice and smooth. A lot of product is picked up with using a brush and there is some powedery-ness that can be messy if you're not careful. It really applied so smoothly on my skin and I was able to blend it so easily. Even though it is pigmented, you can still buff it out to look incredibly natural. 

The color looked really orange at first when I swatched it, but the orange tones in it became less apparent on the skin. It really warms up the skin and since it's matte, it looks natural.

Final Thoughts: It was love at first swatch. I was looking for a new contour shade and this is not it, but it's a good bronzer. The color selection is very poor considering that this is the darkest shade out of four. If you're around a medium skin tone and lighter, I think you should check out this bronzer. The price may seem like a look, but The Body Shop often has amazing deals. 









Left: The Body Shop Honey Bronzer // Right: NYC Sunny Bronzer

Before // I only have Bare Minerals Original Foundation on

After // The bronzer is on my cheekbone and a little bit on my temple 

The bronzer was on my cheekbones and around my forehead.



Share

No comments:

Post a Comment