Review & Swatches: Revlon Grow Luscious Waterproof Mascara in Blackest Black


Revlon GrowLuscious Waterproof Mascara & Lash Enhancer in Blackest Black claims to improve the length of lashes right from the first use and strengthen the lashes too. It contains 0.38 fl. oz / 11.2 mL of product. The retail price will vary according to the area you are in. Mascaras depend greatly on the person and their lashes, but I still wanted to write this review in case other people had stubborn and straight lashes like mine. 


The packaging is a normal emerald tube. The brush is massive. I thought CoverGirl's LashBlast Volume's Brush was huge, but this one is bigger and longer and has traditional bristles. The top is slightly tapered so that it can reach the small corner lashes too. 

Even though this formula is supposed to be waterproof, it did flake and come off my lashes with water. The upside to this is that it is easier to take off compared to some other waterproof formulas. As I have mentioned in the past, I use waterproof mascaras to hold my curl. Unfortunately, this mascara did not hold my curl. My lashes wilted and they were left with a very very slight curl. I did try layering this on top of some other mascaras and it did work well without uncurling my lashes. 

Besides the disappointing "waterproof" part, I did like this formula. It volumized my lashes and also flared them out. It didn't clump up too badly and the clumps were easily removed with a very quick brush with a spoolie. My lashes were lengthened a bit, but that part wasn't as dramatic like the volume it gave me. 

Final Thoughts: I liked this mascara, but I won't be buying it again. I only see myself wearing this for the more natural makeup days since it doesn't hold my curls. The length it gave seemed normal in comparison to other mascaras but the volume was gorgeous. I don't know how the original formula works, but this is not as waterproof as other mascaras too. 







 Top: Revlon Grow Luscious Brush // Bottom: CoverGirl LashBlast Volume Brush

Bare Lashes

Curled and Bare Lashes

One Coat of Mascara


Share

No comments:

Post a Comment