Review & Swatches: EM Cosmetics Waterliner Intense Color Eye Liner in Ro's Gold


EM Cosmetic's Waterliner Intense Color Eye Liner in Ro's Gold contains 0.28 grams / 0.01 ounces of product and retails for $20. The color is a beautiful rose gold with very fine micro-shimmers. EM claims that this eye liner won't budge or smudge and this liner definitely lived up to that claim. 


This eye liner glides onto my water line so easily and I don't need to go over areas to make it more opaque. It also glided on quite easily on my eye lids. It isn't as creamy as an Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eyeliner, but it still has a great formula. I tried smudging it out with my fingers and I had to be fast before it dried down and set. I did accidentally break off the tip of the eye liner because I pressed too hard though. 

The packaging is quite handy. It reminds me of Maybelline's Define-A-Line Eyeliners because they're both retractable and have a foam smudger and sharpener at the end. The packaging is the same color as the actual product. 

I think this is almost the perfect eye brightener color for me to put on the water line. The slight pinkness of it is similar to my water line color. Since it has that micro-shimmer / sheen to it, it makes my eyes look more awake without looking so stark like Rimmel London's Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Eyeliner in Nude. I think the pinkness would not work on pale people though. It might make their eyes look red and / or more tired. 

Final Thoughts: I love this eyeliner. After being disappointed by the deluxe samples I got (review here), I wasn't too sure how I would like this eye liner. It glides on and stays put. If you're looking for something to brighten up your eyes, I would definitely recommend looking into this product. 










Bare waterline

Applied only on the waterline

Applied from the middle to the inner corner (Please excuse the wonky lashes. I don't know what happened.)



Share

5 comments:

  1. Ahhh! That looks so pretty! I'm Vietnamese too, so I'm glad I got to see it swatched on a skintone fairly close to mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the same issue too sometimes and I hope my review helped you out!

      Delete
  2. How was the staying power? And what is your skin type? Oily, combo, or dry skin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! The staying power was pretty good. I noticed it slightly fading after 3-4 hours, but it's mostly because I tend to touch my eye/waterline a lot and my eyes are a bit watery. After reapplying, it stayed on until the end of the day.

      My skin type is combo. My t-zone is oily but everything else is mostly normal.

      Delete
  3. How was the staying power? And what is your skin type? Oily, combo, or dry skin?

    ReplyDelete