Review & Swatches: EM Cosmetics Lip Gallery Creamy Color Classic Lipstick in Cuddle Up Pink


EM Cosmetic's Lip Gallery Cream Color Classic Lipstick in Cuddle Up Pink contains 3.5 grams / 0.123 ounce of product and retails for $16.50. It is a neutral pink and has a cream/creme formula. The claims include being a sheer but build-able formula that has a high shine. 


The first thing I noticed about this product is the smell. The only way I can describe it is that it smells like extremely sweet vanilla cake batter. I do not like it, but it does go away. The smell almost makes me want to sell or give it away though. If you're sensitive to smells, I would stay away from this.

Other than the smell, I do like this lipstick. It is very creamy and reminds me of MAC's Cremesheen finish. It is also very shiny. When I first tried this lipstick, my lips were reacting to something and were a bit dry. This lipstick ended up clinging to some of the dry parts, but I was able to make it look alright by pushing the lipstick into my lips with my finger. 

The first swipe can be a bit sheer, but it really is buildable. On my lips, the color became opaque with 1-2 swipes. It did look like there was too much product on my lips if I put on the full two swipes. Again, using my fingers to push in the products a bit more helped. I would also blot the lipstick a bit and it looked better.

I thought the color would be a neutral pink that would be a MLBB, but it is brighter and a bit cooler compared to the bullet. The color does not look flattering on my unless I put on a sheer layer that has been blotted. 

This lipstick is really comfortable to wear. It is moisturizing and doesn't leave my lips dry or irritated. It stays on for a normal amount of time (about 3-4), but you can easily reapply it. 

Final Thoughts: I know my review isn't the most positive, but I actually did like this lipstick. Pinks are really iffy on me and I would rather get one of the reds or plums instead now. The smell is really the only downside. I think if you're interested in some of the EM Cosmetics products, I would look into the lipsticks too. If you like MAC's Cremesheen lipsticks, I think you'll like these too. 













Share

2 comments:

  1. Oh this is a really gorgeous natural every day pink! From what I've heard from her line the last few years is that the lipsticks are some of the better products. Since they are actually more expensive than mac lipsticks right? I think you're better off buying from mac, whereas they are priced just around certain drugstore lipsticks here which is a bummer! Mac lipsticks are quite pricey here but I'm willing to fork out my money for some in the near future. I own NONE right now but really look forward to buying a nude, pink and purple tone pink from them soon! I wonder how michelle phan's line is doing actually. It doesn't seem like there are too many hard core lovers of her products.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, they're a few more dollars? I'm not sure if they're better than MAC lipsticks right now, but they are pretty good!

    I'm wondering how her line is doing as well!!! I know their pop up store isn't a thing anymore. Some people said it was temporary, but it didn't seem like it when it first opened. If you were to get anything, I would get the waterliner. It stays on so long and looks beautiful all day!

    ReplyDelete