FacesOfTheWeek #1





I wanted to start weekly posts about some makeup looks I've done in certain weeks. I just started a new quarter on the 26th of September and so I'll be posting less than usually. This way, I'll have at least 1 post each week. I do like keeping my makeup pretty simple on most days, but I thought it'll be fun (or maybe just for me) to document them and to show what products I've been trying out / loving. I'm still seeing what format I like the best, so please don't mind the different formats for now!


September 26, 2013




Products
  • Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in Black (review here)
  • Korres Lip Butter in Wild Rose (review here
  • NARS Blush in Albatross 
  • MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC35 (review here) on my T-zone
  • Missha M Perfect BB Cream SPF 42 PA+++ in No. 27 Honey Beige (review here)
  • CoverGirl LashBlast Volume Waterproof Mascara in Very Black 
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Elderaldo and Smog (review here for Smog)
  • MAC Viva Glam I Lipstick (review here)
  • ELF Brow Kit in Medium
  • Urban Decay Primer Potion (Original)
  • Urban Decay Eye Shadow in Smog 
  • Revlon Grow Luscious Waterproof Mascara in Blackest Black (review here
What went where?
I used ELF's Studio Powder Brush to apply my Missha M Perfect BB Cream in No. 27 (Honey Beige) and I used Real Techniques' Buffing Brush to put a thin layer of the MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC35 on my T-zone. I put NARS Blush in Albatross on my cheekbones and the bridge of my nose using ELF's Studio Angled Blush Brush.
For my eyes, I first applied Urban Decay Primer Potion and then Urban Decay Eye Shadow in Smog all over my lids using Real Techniques' Base Shadow Brush. I used Real Techniques' Deluxe Crease Brush to blend out the edges with a little bit of my MAC powder. I also applied NARS Albatross in the inner corner and middle of my lid with the Base Shadow Brush. I lined my upper lid with the Stila Stay All DayWaterproof Liquid Eye Liner and made a small wing. The outer part of the lower lash line was defined using Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Smog and the inner part was lined with Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Eldorado
I curled my lashes using ELF's Lash Curler (the $1 one) and applied CoverGirl's LashBlast Volume Waterproof Mascara on the the upper and lower lashes. I also put on another layer of mascara using Revlon's Grow Luscious Mascara.
I filled in my brows using ELF's Brow Kit in Medium using ELF's Studio Small Angled Brush.
I applied the Korres Lip Butter in Wild Rose first as a base. I didn't know if I wanted to just wear it alone, but I ended up putting on MAC's Viva Glam I Lipstick on top of it.

September 27, 2013




Products
  • Missha M Perfect BB Cream SPF 42 PA+++ in No. 27 Honey Beige (not pictured) 
  • MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC35 
    • On my T-zone and also used to buff out the edges of my eyeshadow 
  • The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder in 04 Deep Matte
    • On my cheekbones and on the edges of my forehead
  • NARS Blush in Albatross
    • On my cheekbones
  • Urban Decay Primer Potion (Original)
  • L'oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Golden Sage
    • Applied on the inner half of my lid
  • Wet 'n' Wild Comfort Zone Palette "Define" shade on the right side 
    • Applied on the outer half of my lid. This eyeshadow has a red brown base with a teal-ish duochrome and so it matched very well with Golden Sage
  • Avon Glimmersticks Chromes Eye Liner in Striking Emerald (review here)
    • On the outer half of the upper and lower lashlines
  • Maybelline The Falsies Volum' Express Waterproof Mascara in Black Drama
    • I didn't like how this looked alone, and so I kind of used it as a base for my other mascara
  • CoverGirl LashBlast Waterproof Mascara in Very Black
  • ELF Brow Kit in Medium
  • Korres Lip Butter in Wild Rose
September 28, 2013




Products
  • Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation in 6.0
  • Bare Minerals Mineral Veil
  • theBalm Pop!Pop! Blush (Frat Boy) and Disco Disco Luminizer (Mary Lou-Manizer)
  • Urban Decay Primer Potion (Original)
  • Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad To The Bronze
    • Applied all over my lid
  • Inglot Freedom System Rainbow Eye Shadow in 112R (middle shade)
    • Applied on the outer half of my lid and I also used this to define the outer half of the lower lash line
  • Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Virgin
    • As a brow and inner corner highlight 
  • CoverGirl LashBlast Volume Mascara in Very Black
  • Stila Forever Your Curl Mascara (deluxe sample size)
    • On the lower lashes to just define them
  • ELF Brow Kit in Medium
  • Korres Lip Butter in Plum

*I received the Korres Lip Butter in Plum from a contest on Reddit



Share

No comments:

Post a Comment