Review & Swatches: Shiseido Lacquer Rouge in RD607 Nocturne


Shiseido's Lacquer Rouge in RD607 (Nocturne) is described as an "intense dark red" on the Sephora website. It is a dark red, but it's not intense. There are some berry undertones in this color. There are also very very fine purple-y shimmers, but it's not overpowering. This product is a liquid lipstick and it is extremely opaque. 


When I first applied it, I fell in love. It wasn't sticky and felt very comfortable. It did lose that glossiness, but only a tiny bit. The color is very pigmented and will stain your lips. The doe foot applicator is stiff and will allow you to have very precise lines. 

After about 2 hours, I started noticing some feathering and that was the only fault to this lip product. A lipliner or even a matte lipstick underneath will help with the feathering. I experimented with putting MAC's Viva Glam I underneath, and I thought it was absolutely beautiful. 

When I placed a Sephora order months ago, I also got a deluxe sample of Shiseido's Lacquer Rouge in RD607 Nocturne. From pictures online, the only difference I see from the deluxe sample and the actual product is the same. The doe foot looks the same.

Final Thoughts: I really wish that this product didn't feather. I tend to wear lip liners when I wear dark colors, but I like the option of not having to do that. Other than that, I do love this product. If you don't have problems with lip products feathering or applying lip liner, I highly recommend buying this product. I'm planning on getting another Lacquer Rouge in a more neutral color. 






RD607 on top of MAC Viva Glam I

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment