Review & Swatches: MAC Select Sheer/Pressed Powder in NC 35


MAC Select Sheer/Pressed Powder contains 12 grams / 0.42 ounces of product and my color is NC35. It currently retails for $24 and it comes with a suede finish sponge. It is a very sheer and light powder. On MAC's website, it claims to let the "skin's natural vitality and freshness glow through" and says the skin will look flawless. After months of using this powder, I believe those claims. 


This is actually my first repurchase from MAC. My mom received this powder from my aunt a couple of years ago and since the color fit me more, she gave it to me. It's been my favorite powder since. I repurchased this powder in April of this year and I use it almost every day. The pan started to show mid-July. 

The powder is sheer and so you don't need to choose specifically your color. This powder is a bit lighter than my skin now, but it still works. I wouldn't use this as a powder foundation, but it does add a tiny bit of coverage. 

This powder sets my foundation and makes my skin more matte. As the day goes by, my oils starts to work with the foundation and gives me an even more natural and flawless finish. There are very few times when this powder makes my skin look too powdery and that's only when I really pile it on. I can touch up with this powder too, but I usually use my own brush instead of the sponge it comes with. My skin type is combination, and so I don't think this powder will work for the more oily skin types. 

Final thoughts: You can tell with this review that I love this product. I've even repurchased it before. I can't recommend this to those with oily skin, but I highly recommend it to those who want a new powder. It is lightweight and blends into the skin wonderfully. 








Before powder

After powder

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment