Color Spectrum Series: Purple Edition!


The purples! Don't know what the Color Spectrum Series is? Click here!

I've slowly been building up my plums and purples. They're really nice for fall and winter, but I also like wearing brighter ones during spring (like the Rimmel lipstick).

Left to right & Up to down -

Revlon Kissable Balm Stain in Crush - Review here! I've already mentioned this product in other colors in the Red and Orange edition. It's a nice purple/plummy color that leaves a fuchsia stain on the lips. 

YSL Rouge Volupté Shine Lipstick in #5 (Fuchsia in Excess) - This lipstick is probably the most beautiful lipstick out of my collection... packaging wise. The product itself is also very beautiful, but because it's cool tone and I mostly have warm toned makeup products, it is hard for me to wear this. It is a very glossy bright fuchsia color. It is sheer and even if you layer it on, it still does have a translucency to it. It feels incredibly comfortable on the lips and it is not drying at all. It makes me want to buy more cool toned makeup products so I can wear this lipstick more. It doesn't last as long as some other lipsticks, but I don't mind reapplying this at all because of the beautiful packaging. 

Makeup Forever Rouge Artist Natural in N48 - This lipstick probably fits more in the red category than the purple category, but because of the plummy tones to it, I would just put it here. It is a red plum lipstick. I believe that it's only available in stores and not online. When I tried it on in stores, I fell in love. It was so flattering and it helped me transition into more plum colors during fall. It has a nice sheen to it, too. This lipstick is also moisturizing. 

Tarte Clean Slate Poreless 12 Hour Perfecting Primer - The tube is purple, but the primer is completely clear. It has a lot of good stuff for the skin in the ingredients and makes your face feel smoother after application. I don't know if it made my makeup last longer, but it did help it look better.

The Body Shop Born Lippy Plum Lip Balm - I've always been a fan of the Born Lippy Lip Balms from The Body Shop and when they brought out the stick versions, I bought one immediately! This doesn't feel as sticky as the pot version. It doesn't feel as moisturizing either. The tint it leaves on my lips is so nice. Because it's just a tinted lip balm, my lip color is shown and makes a red plummy color. I've received many compliments while wearing this.

Rimmel London Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipstick in 09 - This lipstick is a raspberry color with a satin finish. Like the other lipsticks I've talked about, this is also moisturizing. I was pretty surprised at how much I loved this product because it wasn't even that expensive. I love this color and lipstick more than some of my other higher end lipsticks. It lasts for a very long time and doesn't dry out my lips either. 

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment