Color Spectrum Series: Orange Edition!


The oranges! Don't know what the Color Spectrum Series is? Click here!

Orange/Tangerine was such a big trend last year, but I still see it everywhere, especially now during spring. I love incorporating this color into my look and am constantly on the lookout for new orange products.


Top Row -

Stila Convertible Color in Gladiola - I pair this product with Real Technique's Stippling Brush or ELF's Small Stippling Brush. This product can be used on the lips too. The color is not as bright on the skin. It's more true to color on the cheeks, but you can definitely sheer it out to your liking. It's a bit more milky on the lips. It's easy to use and I love that it includes a mirror.

Illamasqua Powder Blusher in Lover - This blush is so soft. It's described as a vibrant apricot. It's more of a muted peachy orange to me. I am around a MAC35/37 or Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation in 6.0. It shows up beautifully on me. I've also seen other swatches on darker and lighter skin tones, and it looks beautiful on them too.


Bottom Row - 

CoverGirl LashBlast Volume Waterproof Mascara in Very Black - Obviously, this isn't an orange mascara, but it's in orange packaging! Cheating yet again. (: My lashes are straight and without waterproof mascara, it uncurls immediately. This mascara has worked the best on my lashes. I would like more volume, but I usually pair this with a lash primer. 

Revlon Kissable Balm Stain in Rendezvous - I thought this color would be too out of my comfort zone, but it's a perfect orange for me. It looks very bright, but there's a slight translucency that lets the red of my lips peek through. It applies smoothly and leaves a beautiful orange stain behind when the shine wears off. It's so comfortable to wear, too.

Runner Ups - 

L'Occitane's Shea Butter Mango Flower Lip Balm - Another cheat! This is a very light and thin lip balm. I wouldn't recommend this for heavy duty lip problems, but it's good for everyday use or even below drying lip products since it's so light. The smell is absolutely amazing. I love the smell of mangos, but this is a slightly flower mango smell. When I bought this product, the sales associate told me that it was limited edition. It is still currently available on the L'Occitane website, though.


Share

No comments:

Post a Comment