EOTD & Review of Lancome's Cils Booster XL Super Enhancing Mascara Base



I've been really tired lately and so my eyes have also been really tired looking. Curled and volumized lashes always make me look more awake. I recently got Rimmel's Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal's Nude Liner and it's supposed to make me look more awake, too. These are the only products I wore today!

This review is for Lancôme's Cils Booster XL Super Enhancing Mascara Base and it is a white lash primer. It contains 0.17 fl. oz. / 5 ml. of product. 

I have straight and thin lashes and so I'm always looking for volumizing lash products. The Lancôme Cils Booster XL lash primer deluxe sample was one of the 100 point perks from Sephora. I decided to try it out, and I'm so glad that I did.

I'm just going to come right out and say it - I love this product! I even bought the full size a month after using the deluxe size. I actually took a picture of my lashes the first time I used this product.  
(My after picture below doesn't look like this anymore, but it's because my lashes have been weird lately)

Click "read more" for more details!
I have to "sandwich" this primer between coats of another mascara. I have been using CoverGirl's LashBlast Volume with this primer. I have tried using the primer first, but it uncurled my lashes. I find it works better while being sandwiched. 

I put one coat of mascara, one coat of primer, and then another coat of mascara. I wait for each coat to dry before the next coat. I have put on each coat without waiting before, and my lashes didn't turn grey. They were still nice and black. I would wait for the primer to dry, though. Sometimes the primer gets onto the mascara brush and gets mixed into the mascara tube. My mascara got more clumpy after doing that too much.

Where to find / How Much: Lancôme counters. Sephora. $24

Final thoughts: I love it. It makes your lashes appear longer and thicker. I definitely recommend it. I even purchased the full size as soon as I could because I loved it that much.






Curled

One coat of LashBlast Volume

Primer

2nd Coat of LashBlast


Left is with primer and the right is without

Share

2 comments:

  1. After finally deciding to purchase the primer and wailing over how it uncurled my eye lashes, I'm so glad I found your post. I'm definitely going to try the sandwiching idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome and thanks for commenting! The sandwiching method helps me so much for lash products that immediately uncurl my lashes, especially with the more hyped up mascaras.

    ReplyDelete