Review & Swatches: MAC Viva Glam I Lipstick


MAC Viva Glam I Lipstick is described as a "intense brownish blue-red" on the MAC website and it has a matte finish. This lipstick contains 3 grams / 0.1 US. ounces and costs $15. The proceeds from the MAC Viva Glam line all goes to MAC AIDS Fund. 

This lipstick was on my wish list for the longest time and then my boyfriend got it for me as a gift. I was so excited to receive this. I wanted to take pictures before trying it on and it was so hard to wait to use it. 


The color is gorgeous. Since it is a blue-red, it makes teeth look whiter and brighter. I didn't really see any extra whiteness added to my teeth, but it might depends on the wearer. To me, the color is more of a brick red. Even a touch lighter than brick red. The color is a very classic shade of red that reminds me of old Hollywood. 

This lipstick glided across my lips. It is very easy to apply, but it might get messy for some people. This lipstick is so pigmented. One swipe across the lips and the color will be as opaque as the bullet. In the picture below, I did not use lip liner or even a lip brush.

Because of its matte finish, this lipstick does last for a long time on the lips. I did need to touch up after eating, but I always touch up after eating anyway. When I first applied it, it wasn't drying, but my lips started to feel uncomfortable after a few hours. 

A cheaper alternative to this lip stick might be NYX Round Lip Stick in Snow White, but Snow White is a bit darker than Viva Glam I. Snow White also glides on the lips easier because it is a bit creamier. 

Final Thoughts: This is such a glam red. I love reds and this is definitely one of my favorites. I also love that the proceeds for all MAC Viva Glam lip sticks go to a good cause. I can imagine myself wearing this lipstick to more important occasions because of the more high end feel. If you have NYX Snow White, you don't need this lipstick. The color and texture are very similar. Since I have both, I might wear Snow White more often in normal day circumstances and Viva Glam I when I want to feel more fancy.

Where to buy / How much : MAC counters for $15.








L: NYX Round Lip Stick in Snow White
R: MAC Viva Glam I


Share

No comments:

Post a Comment