Minnie Mouse Inspired Nails & Makeup


Surprise! This is what I look like. You can't see my full face clearly, but it's a lot more than what I've shown on this blog.

I volunteered at this event for one of my clubs last friday night and it was strongly recommended to dress up. I had Minnie Mouse ears, and so I decided to throw on stuff Minne Mouse - esque things for my costume. I basically just wore pink shorts, black sleeveless top, black leggings, and a pair of comfortable black flats.

I also painted my nails, which I'm very proud of even though I did mess up. I used a red nail polish from OPI and a white nail polish from Wet n' Wild. They weren't my nail polishes, and so I don't know their names. I also used a dotter to draw the bow, Mickey Mouse, and of course the polka dots.

For eyes, I used Coastal Scents' Go Palette in Beijing. It has really nice pink, red, and purple eyeshadows that were perfect. For the black nose, I used Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero and TheBalm's Eyeshadow in Serious. Any black eyeliner/shadow will work though.

I used three red lip products for my red lips. I know that sounds a lot, but I'll explain! I first used a red lip stain. I'm always worried about lipstick fading, and so I like to have a layer of lip stain under my lipstick to make sure a similar color will be there all day. The only stain I have right now is Benefit's Benetint. I then used MAC Viva Glam I all over my lips and also used my fingers to really push the color into my lips. The last product is Korres' Lip Butter in Wild Rose to make my lips feel a bit more hydrated. (I usually use this process whenever I wear red lips.)




Share

No comments:

Post a Comment