Traveling for a Wedding! - Part One: Makeup + Skincare

I recently went to a wedding in Southern California for my aunt. These are the makeup and skincare products that I brought. I took these pictures before I left and wrote this post after I came back to say what I used and did use. 

I chose mostly neutrals so that my makeup could match with anything I wanted to wear. I also wanted to bring things that would last a long time on my face because I knew I would not have a lot of time to touch up throughout the day.

My day started at 6 AM and ended at midnight.

This is part one of what I brought and part two is going to be more about what I wore on the date of the wedding.
Click "Read More" to see what I brought!


TheBalm Nude 'tude palette - I couldn't decide between my UD Naked palette and this one. I eventually chose this one because I felt like I could do more with this. I like Serious (the matte black) and Sleek (the dark matte brown) as eyeliner. I also used Sleek on the outer-V of my eye.


I did not use everything in this UNII palette, but I liked that it gave me some options and a huge mirror to use.
1. Inglot AMC Eye shadow in #52 (review and swatches here)- This is a warm brown with some slight glitter. I also used this in my outer V to contour my eyes and make it look a bit smokey.
2. Inglot Rainbow Eyeshadow in #112R - These three browns are more on the cooler side. I didn't really swatch these before I bought them, but these colors are a nice edition to my mostly warm browns collection. Instead of eye shadow, I used this product to help define my brows. I have dark brown hair and I used a mixture of both the middle and darkest brown to make my eye brows look a bit neater. I also used the darkest brown to do my mom's eye brows because she has black hair.
3. CoverGirl Cheekers Blush in Pretty Peach - (review and swatches here) I did not use this blush during the wedding, but I didn't want to take it out of the palette.
4. Inglot AMC Blush in #58 (review and swatches here) - I did not use this blush that much either. I actually mixed this blush with a NYX blush that I'm going to talk about later. I used this blush on me, my sister, and my mom and it looked nice on all of us.
5. L'oreal HiP Duo in Energized (review and swatches here)- I also did not use this, but I just left it in my palette because I did not know where else to put it.


1. Revlon Colorstay Foundation in #320 True Beige - This is a shade or two too light and a bit too pink for me, but I tried to make it work for me anyway. I put it mostly in the center of my face to brighten up my complexion. I applied this at 6:20 AM and I powdered my face at around 5:00 PM, before the reception. The reception ended at 12:00 AM and when I checked my face again, it was blotchy. I did not like this foundation. It made my face look too matte and unnatural. It also made my face look white in flash photography, even though there is no SPF.
2. Too Faced Shadow Insurance - I brought this as a primer, but I ended up not using it because I used my MAC paint pot as a base instead.
3. Maybelline The Falsies Mascara (Waterproof) - I used this mascara on my top lashes. When I used this, I carefully layered it up and then brushed out clumps using a spoolie to create a lot of volume. 
4. Clinique Mascara - I used this for my lower lashes. I really like this for my lower lashes, but the formula is too wet for my top lashes because it ruins the curl and makes my lashes straight again.
5. NYX Powder Blush in Mocha - This blush reminds me of my Inglot blush, but it's more orange-y. I really like this blush. It has this slight sheen that looks very natural, but it is mostly matte.
6. Tarte Clean Slate Poreless 12-Hour Perfecting Primer - I like this primer. I got it in a set with another face primer and also an eye primer. I can't place how it feels... I can't just say that it feels smooth.
7. Laura Mericer Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer in Almond (sample) - I really like this tinted moisturizer. It evens out my complexion and lets my skin breathe. Even when it fades, it still looks natural and not blotchy. 
8. MAC Paint Pot in Indianwood - I really love this paint pot. It is an antique gold / bronzey color that looks really great with warm brown colors. I wore it on the day of the wedding and reception and I only needed to retouch it a little bit right before the reception.


1. MAC Lip Stick in See Sheer - I absolutely love this color. In person it does like a coral - pink that leans mostly pink, but in some of my pictures, it looks more red-coral and even a light red. It is gorgeous. I did need to reapply it, but I didn't mind.
2. NYX Lip Liner in Cabaret - I did not use this product, but I like to use this as an all-over matte lip color. It's a dark red that looks nice on medium skin tones.
3. Benefit Benetint Pocketpal - I used this stain underneath my lipstick so that I could have a natural red lip color if the lip stick faded. 
4. ELF Matte Lip Color in Praline - This is a my lips but better lip color. I did not use this either, but I didn't regret bringing it. It is a nice neutral color that can be paired with any outfit.
5. This angled eyeliner brush came with my ELF Cream Eyeliner. I actually really like this brush. I have two and I use it to help perfect my lip stick or even fill in my brows.


1. ELF Powder Brush - This brush is really nice for foundation and it is soft, too.
2. Real Techniques Expert Face Brush - I use this for blush. It is dense, but is very soft. 
3. EcoTools Bamboo 6 Piece Eye Brush Set - These are great to travel with. I also use these every day. I've had this set for about a year and it's starting to get scratchy.


1. Boots Botanics Eye Makeup Remover - I think this is alright. It gets off my face makeup really easily, but it is alright for waterproof makeup.
2. The Body Shop Chamomile Gentle Eye Make Up Remover - I use this after my shower to take off any remnants of mascara and eyeliner. There is no oil and so I don't need to wash my face again after using it, which I have to with oil based makeup removers like the one mentioned above.
3. Fresh Sugar Rose Treatment - I got this from Sephora for the birthday gift thing. Everybody raves about this product. I think it's good, but not good enough to justify the price tag for the full size.
4. NUXE Creme Prodigieuse - I really like this. At first, I thought it would be really thick and feel gross on my skin, but it sunk instantly into my face and even left a really nice semi-matte finish. 
5. Boscia Purifying Cleansing Gel - I did not use this. I brought it just in case.
6. Fresh Soy Face Cleanser - This product has a really weird smell to it. I liked this product, but I don't know if I would get the full size. It wasn't amazing and I can get other cleansers with a lower price tag that produce the same results.
7. Treseme Split Remedy Shampoo and Conditioner - Nothing to say about these products. They're just shampoo and conditioner.
8. Jack Black Lip Balm - I like using this at night. It keeps my lips soft and moisturized. 
9. Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 55 - The wedding was in Souther California and I knew I would be going to some beaches, and so I wanted to bring a sunblock with high SPF so that I would be protected from the sun.


Share

No comments:

Post a Comment