Review & Swatches: MAC See Sheer


MAC Cosmetic's See Sheer Lipstick contains 3 grams / 0.10 US ounces is $15 dollars. It is a coral-pink color that can also lean red. There is some very very subtle gold micro-shimmer, but it doesn't show up on the lips. It has a lustre finish and lustres aren't one of the most pigmented lipsticks from MAC. I would say that it is semi-opaque and its color is buildable. When the color is built up, the lips have a "wet" look. It is very shiny and so I would recommend to skip the lip gloss. I noticed that the color allows some of my natural lip color to peek through. 

I actually got this product a few months ago, but I haven't gotten to the review until now. This color is a part of MAC's permanent lipstick range and isn't new, and so this review wasn't a priority for me. By putting off this review, I also got a lot of time to test out this product.

I am not a lip gloss kind of girl and so when I realized how shiny this is built up, I was disappointed. Then I started to just put 1-2 layers on and it was the perfect amount for me. The more I wore this lipstick, the more I fell in love with it. It is definitely an every event kind of color for me. This is one of those colors that you don't need to worry about. I often apply it without a mirror for touch-ups.

This product doesn't add any moisture to my lips, but it doesn't make my lips dry either. I always try to let some lip balm sink into my lips before I wear this lipstick. Sometimes when there are flakes, this product does draw attention to those flakes. The wear of this lipstick is about 3-4 hours for me. This lipstick does not last through a meal, but I didn't mind. 

The lipstick went on smooth, but the color did settle into the lines of my lips a little bit. People standing 2-3 feet away from me couldn't tell and so it was fine.

It is important to remember that the natural lip color will peek through, like I mentioned before. My lips have some red in it and so this color leans a bit more red on me. The color of the bullet will not be the same on the lips unless you put multiple layers on your lips.

I've seen a lot of reviews for this lipstick and it seems like this color will match a lot of people.

Final thoughts: This lipstick is opaque enough for that beautiful pinky-color to show up, but sheer enough to have the natural lip color to peek through. The wear isn't long lasting, but still leaves a nice color after it wears away. This was my first MAC lipstick purchase and I am so glad I got this. I bought this for $14.50, but the price has now gone up to $15. This is such a beautiful color that I will definitely repurchase. 

Where to buy/ Cost: MAC counters/stores for $15. I bought mine from Nordstroms. 



Bare Lips

One Swipe

3-4 Swipes

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment