Review & Swatches: Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Black Cherry


Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Stick in Black Cherry contains 0.15 oz. / 4.2 grams of product. I think the name of this lip stick really matches the color. It is a dark berry color (a warm reddish plum color) with a lot of shine. The packaging includes a clear window at the top to show what the color of the lip stick is.



This lip stick is very pigmented and can be easily opaque with one swipe. Even though it is so pigmented, it can also be lightly applied to be a beautiful light stain on the lips. In the swatches I included in this blog post, I lightly applied it to show how it looks like if it was very carefully applied layer by layer. 

Because of the pigmentation of this lip stick, I had to be even more careful on when I applied this lip stick. I had to definitely use a mirror and I would even recommend using a lip brush to make sure everything is clean. I also use my finger to really blend it into my lips. Another problem I have with this lip stick is that it can be very uneven. There's a lot of slip in this lip stick and I think it's because of the "super lustrous" factor. 

This lip stick is not drying on me, but I haven't been able to test this lip stick for more than 2-3 hours. It's not because the lip stick is horrible or anything, but it's because I'm scared that it's going to smear all over my face. 

I got this lip stick the same time I got my Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Crush and weirdly enough, they're pretty good dupes of each other. The Balm Stain is a bit more red and sheer (and of course a Stain). There's also a matte dupe of this lip stick from Revlon that is called Wine Not. I like matte textures more, but I didn't know about the dupes until I bought Crush and Black Cherry.

Final Thoughts: I do like this lip stick, but I don't know how much wear I'll get out of it. I'll most likely use it as a stain or just very lightly on my lips during the fall and winter months, though. This lip stick has a really lovely formula and is such a beautiful color, but the whole very dark and might smear all of my face factor scares me to not wear it as much.










The color looks more vampy in different lighting.


Share

No comments:

Post a Comment