Review & Swatches: CoverGirl Cheekers Blush in Pretty Peach


CoverGirl Cheekers Blush in Pretty Peach contains 3 grams / 0.12 oz of product. The blush also comes with a brush. The brush is a bit prickly, but it is good to use in a pinch. I would describe this color as a muted pink with a bit of coral. If looked at really closely at the actual product, there is a bit of shimmer. This color brightened up my complexion and looks great for summer.

The CoverGirl website says -
Blush's basic rules – it has to be easy, and it has to look natural. That's Cheekers. Each portable mini-compact gives you a sheer blush that goes on to stay true and natural-looking for hours. It's the way to glow 
Read on for what I think about this blush and my swatches!


The shimmer doesn't transfer to the cheeks, but actually provides a slight glow to the face that looks very healthy and natural. It does not make my face look oily.

The pigmentation of this blush is very low. The website is correct, this blush is very sheer. It takes quite a few  layers of blush to make the color to show on me. This blush was easy to apply, though, because I could start off sheer. You can't mess up with applying this blush because of the pigmentation. My sister also has this blush and she uses 3-4 layers for the blush to show up on her. 

I used two brushes to apply this blush -- Real Techniques' Expert Face Brush and the brush included. I actually liked using the brush provided more than the other brush. Even though it was more scratchy, it applied the blush more pigmented compared with the other brush without feeling too powdery on the face. 

The color does not last a long time on my cheeks. It started to fade after 2 hours and that was with many layers. If I did not put as much, the color would've gone away faster. 

Final Thoughts: Oh, gosh. A long with other products, I really wanted to love this blush. It is a gorgeous color, but it's too much work for me. It does provide a nice glow to my cheeks and so I think I'm going to put this above other blushes for a pretty pinky coral glow. I would recommend this blush to those starting off with makeup, though. I would not buy this product again.

Where to guy: Drugstores, Ulta, Amazon, and anywhere else CoverGirl can be found. I used a coupon from my Target Beauty Bag, and so I got this for about $3.50.





This swatch was with my fingers and I used about 5 layers.

One swipe across the whole length of the product. This is the amount of product put on my wrist in the next picture.

One layer/swipe of product.

Multiple layers of product.

One swipe across the whole length of the product. This is the amount of product put on my wrist in the next picture.

As you can see in the above picture, there is no pigment at all. This is with just one layer/swipe of blush.

L: Multiple layers with a Real Techniques Expert Face Brush
R: Using the brush included with the packaging


Share

No comments:

Post a Comment