Review & Swatches: L'oreal HiP Studio Secrets Professional Metallic Shadow Duo in Energized


L'oreal HiP Studio Secrets Profession Metallic Shadow Duo in Energized includes a pale gold and a brown base with a copper sheen. They are both metallic, thus the name of the eye shadow. The total amount of product is 0.08 ounces or 2.4 grams (0.04 ounces each).

Their website describes this kind of eye shadow as --
Discover the secret for bold, metallic color with a luminous finish. HiP Studio Secrets Professional Metallic Shadow Duos are expertly coordinated to create an edgy, shimmery look. The rich, super-blendable color glides on evenly for hours of captivating, crease-resistant wear.
The top portion of the packaging contains the eye shadows and the bottom has a small compartment to hold a sponge-tip applicator. The applicator is handy for a quick touch-up, but it does make the packaging more bulky than it has to be. 

Supposedly, the darker of the two eye shadows is supposed to be a dupe for Urban Decay's Smog, which is my favorite eye shadow from the Naked Palette. I'll actually compare those two eye shadows after the jump!

Click "Read More" for more details and swatches!
There was some fallout when I used the eye shadows, and so I was careful on what brushes I used to make sure there wouldn't be a mess on the packaging and on my face. 

The lighter of the two eye shadows looked like a light gold shimmer on my eyes. This color looks gorgeous all over the lid or even as an inner corner highlight. I was thinking of using this color as a face highlight, but the glitter is too big and wouldn't look natural. This color is pigmented.

The darker of the two colors has a dark brown base and a copper metallic sheen. The glitter/sparkles are red/copper and a bit gold. Again, like the other color, this eye shadow is pigmented and great as an all over lid color. I love putting this all over my lid with some mascara as a quick look before leaving for class. 

In my opinions, both of these eye shadows are great alone and worked together. The claims L'oreal said about this eye shadow were true on my eye lids. They were pigmented and lasted a long time even without an eye primer. 

I actually got this eye shadow duo because I heard the darker of the two eye shadows was supposed to be a very close dupe for Urban Decay's Smog. I wouldn't say that they are dupes, though. The eye shadow in this duo has a copper sheen, like mentioned above, and UD's Smog has a gold sheen. I was disappointed that this wasn't an exact dupe, but I do like this duo nonetheless. Sometimes, Smog leans orange on me, especially with flash photography. Those who like Smog but don't want to have an orangish color on their eye lids should think about getting the L'oreal HiP Duo in Energized.


Final Thoughts: I love this duo. I would definitely get this if I ran out and I'm thinking about getting the other colors too. The price isn't that bad either and so I wouldn't feel like I'm making my wallet cry for re-buying this.

Where to buy: I bought mine from Amazon for $7.99, but this duo can easily be found in drugstores. Prices may vary depending on where you live and where you buy it from. 
















* I wanted to swatch on a white sheet of paper too so that my skin color wouldn't affect how the eye shadows looked. 





*I put the lighter shade on the inner third of my eyes and a little bit on the inner third of my lower lash line. I put the darker shade on the outer 2/3rd of my eyes and smudged some on the outer third of my lower lash line. I also have some mascara in both pictures. 





Share

No comments:

Post a Comment