Review & Swatches: the Balm Girls Lipstick in Amanda Kissmylips

*screencaped from their website: www.thebalm.com

The Balm Girls Lipstick in Amanda Kissmylips is described as a sheer maroon berry on their website. It is $17 for 4 grams or 0.14 ounces of product. 

I love the packaging of this lipstick. I also love the packaging for other theBalm products. TheBalm Girls Lipsticks' names and packaging are parodies of James Bond. I thought that was really cute and creative. The packaging of the actual lipstick is silver. The packaging reminds of MAC lipstick packaging. 


On my lips, this lipstick is more of a purple/brown color with a bit of red. This lipstick is sheer, but it is very buildable to be opaque. I would describe the finish as semi-matte finish. There is no glitter or shimmer but there is a shinny finish. It feels like a lip balm on my lips and it does not feel heavier with more layers. But because of its texture, its wear time is not as long as other lipsticks. After 2-3 hours, I started noticing that lipstick on the corners  of my lips started to disappear. This lipstick will definitely not last after a meal. I had to reapply the lipstick after my lunch. 

There is a slight minty smell from this lipstick. I can't place what type of mint though. It does not bother me, but those who are sensitive to fragrances might want to stay away. 

I bought this item on Hautelook for $8.50 with my own money. My invite link is here, but you don't need an invite link to join Hautelook. 

Final Thoughts: I would buy this again, but probably from Hautelook. I love wearing this lipstick, especially during fall and winter. $17 is a lot considering MAC lipsticks are only $14.50.

This lipstick can be found on theBalm's website for $17. 
















Share

No comments:

Post a Comment